Newsletter - 13th January 2017
Posted on 13th January 2017
To 2017 at Abbey Gates! We hope everyone had a restful Christmas break and is raring to go! As ever, this will be a busy term so do make a note of the dates for your diary sent separately. It is great to have Kaye McGuire back and we also welcome Ruth Keen and Helen Day to the midday team – good to have you on the team!
Just to let you know that Pam Whalley (Y1) and Felicity Hatton (Y3) have decided they will retire at the end of the Summer term 2017 (I know they don’t look old enough!). Both have long and successful associations with the school and will be sorely missed.
WE ARE PROUD OF YOU
Our Autumn term Superstars were:
Harry D - F2
Miles W - Y1
Lilli N - Y2
Lucy M - Y3
Jude R - Y4
Tighe L - Y5
Jamie L - Y6
A further “Well Done” to Beth H (Y6) who is officially the fastest girl in Notts after coming first in last weekend’s under 11 cross country event at Wollaton Park!
Please remember that the DfE issued new information last year, re who they deem to be “persistent absentees”, which result in fines and/or an attendance order. The threshold was formerly 85% attendance, it is now 90%.
We will be writing to parents where attendance over the term may have been low and alerting you and offering support if required. Remember holidays cannot be taken in term-time.
- It is essential that emergency contact details are up to date. Please also ensure that you include other adults as well as parents - if both parents are unavailable there should be someone nearby who can be contacted
- We do not routinely administer medicine in school - you MUST complete and sign the request/permission proforma (on website) and only if medicine has been prescribed by your GP - a phone call or note not using the proforma is not acceptable I’m afraid.
- If your child has sickness/diarrhoea - they should not return to school for 48 hours after the last episode
- Coats must be worn to school please- it’s getting colder…brrr!
- Please send your children to school with alternative footwear so they can play on the grassed areas without ruining their shoes (or our carpets!)
We are looking forward to 2017- we have already been in to Space, been invaded by pirates, marched like Romans, entered the world of Fairy Tales, and watched a volcano explode! Did you know the school celebrates its 50th Birthday in July this year-look out for news!
- Apr 23 - Orchestra
- Apr 23 - Mansfield Music Festival
- Apr 26 - PTA Meeting
- May 2 - Y4 Castleton Residential
- May 7 - May Day Bank Holiday
- May 10 - Y5 Rand Farm Residential
- May 12 - PTA May Ball
- May 14 - Orchestra
- May 14 - KS2 SATs Week
- May 21 - Orchestra
- May 21 - Around the World Week
- May 22 - Y5 Family Assembly