INFORMING SCHOOL OF A POSITIVE COVID RESULT OVER THE EASTER HOLIDAYS
Posted on 31st March 2021
This letter outlines the steps you should take IF a positive case of Covid is confirmed during the time up to Wednesday 7 April. (Only if symptoms were apparent within 48 hours of 1 April - see below)
WHY ARE WE SENDING THIS INFORMATION?
The current challenge facing the system is that guidance says if someone tests positive for coronavirus, those who were in close contact with them 48 hours before the symptoms emerged are likely to need to be told to self-isolate.
In practice, this means that if a school term finishes on a Thursday, pupils or staff who develop symptoms up to the Saturday could still have had close contact with others in school within those 48 hours. As it is only schools that hold the information about bubbles and seating plans, PHE is relying on schools and school leaders to provide this.
It is important to note that the DfE and PHE have already said where a pupil or staff member develops symptoms after the 48 hours, they should not need to contact the school and can use the ‘normal’ national track and trace system.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/DO:
- If your child develops symptoms on Friday or Saturday 2/3 April you need to arrange for a COVID test and let us know the results of this test asap
- You only need to contact the school if symptoms prior to the test, had emerged within 48 hours of pupils/staff being in school – so up to and including Saturday 3 April
- If a positive result is received please email [email protected] . This address will be checked once a day up to and including 7 April
- If we are notified of a positive result and are told by DFE/PHE of the need to self-isolate we will send a text via School Gateway to those who need to self-isolate (please ensure we have your up to date text details)
- If you are contacted re self-isolation please be aware that the school is passing on advice received from PHE/DFE and that families are directed to contact regional public health teams and not the school if you have any questions about the self-isolation text
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 28 - Individual School Photographs
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 30 - PTA meeting
- Oct 7 - Year 5 Kingswood Residential
- Oct 13 - Year 6 PGL Residential
- Oct 18 - October Half Term
- Nov 1 - Back To School!
- Nov 18 - Year 6 visit to Holocaust Centre
- Nov 22 - Flu immunisations