May 2013 Newsletter
Posted on 8th May 2013
WHAT A WEEK!
Children in the Foundation Stage went on Safari on Tuesday on their very own Safari Tour Bus! Lurking in the trees and at the watering hole were some very curious animals!
There was further excitement when the Y3 children turned detective to investigate the disappearance of the dinosaur egg they had been caring for all week! Not only had the egg disappeared but the classroom was left in disarray with some rather unusual footprints in evidence!
Years 1 and 2 had a wonderful visit to Making It in Mansfield, using their technological skills to produce rockets in Y1 and powered boats in Y2 - I bet bath times are fun now!
HITTING THE RIGHT NOTE…
Congratulations to the school and community choirs who took part in the Mansfield Music Festival on Monday. Both choirs came second in their class, narrowly missing first place and receiving a Distinction!
ANOTHER NEAR MISS!
The boys’ football team narrowly missed coming out at the top of the League table at the end of the season. It went to the wire - with the winners being decided by the final goal of the season scored in the last minute of the game…soooo close! But a real achievement for our boys - well done all!
You can catch up with all of the fun on our newly revamped website - pictures, information and news galore!
See you all next week for further excitement!
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 28 - Individual School Photographs
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 30 - PTA meeting
- Oct 7 - Year 5 Kingswood Residential
- Oct 13 - Year 6 PGL Residential
- Oct 18 - October Half Term
- Nov 1 - Back To School!
- Nov 18 - Year 6 visit to Holocaust Centre
- Nov 22 - Flu immunisations