Newsletter - 11th July 2016
Posted on 12th July 2016
The annual Summer Fair was awash with sunshine, fun and lots of people to enjoy it with! Thank you to all involved in any way – special thanks to our school Chef, Lisa Tongue, who gave up her Sunday to feed adults as well as children!
INSET DAYS 2016/17-IMPORTANT!
To help with your holiday planning and potential fines, we have attached our INSET days on to the school holidays as travel is often cheaper either side of a holiday:
Monday 5 September 2016
Tuesday 6 September 2016
Monday 31 October 2016
Friday 28 April 2017
Friday 26 May 2017
MIDDAY SUPERVISOR VACANCY
We have full and part time vacancies at the school. Hours of work are 11.45-1pm, pay is around £7 per hour and full training is given for this very rewarding and crucial role in school. Do contact us if you would like more information or would like to apply!
SUN SUN SUN!
A reminder as ever, that children must have a bottle of water in school. Please also apply all day sun cream before coming to school. We have lots of shaded areas in the school grounds and the children are encouraged to use them.
You will soon receive your child’s report - I have enjoyed reading of their progress and achievements over the year. You can help by keeping up the reading and X tables over the summer holidays – also can your child tell the time, use a knife and fork or tie their shoelaces?
We are thrilled to report a number of recent sporting triumphs:
- Winners of the Jimmy and Jack legacy football tournament (with no goals conceded)
- Winners of our first cricket match
- Winners of the Blidworth football trophy for the second consecutive year
Whilst it’s not sporty we are proud to be one of only 15 Notts schools to achieve the Safety Smart award – look out for us in the Chad this week!
- Jun 17 - Orchestra
- Jun 19 - Y5 Rand Farm Parents’ Meeting
- Jun 24 - No Orchestra tonight
- Jun 25 - FS/KS1 Faith Workshops
- Jun 26 - F and P Governors’ Meeting
- Jun 26 - KS2 Faith Workshops
- Jun 27 - FS/KS1 Sports Day PM
- Jun 28 - KS2 Sports Day PM
- Jun 30 - PTA Summer Fair
- Jul 1 - Orchestra
- Jul 2 - Y6 JWS Transition Day
- Jul 4 - Y5 Residential Visit to Rand Farm