Newsletter - 15th May 2018
Posted on 15th May 2018
REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL
Glamour and Good Times…
What a fun-filled, fabulous Ball! Huge thanks to our sponsors and all who donated prizes, bought raffle tickets and of course all who came along to dance the night away. The PTA team worked tirelessly behind the scenes – well done Lisa and Jacq! Did you know the PTA have agreed to support the purchase of our state of the art C-Touch screens in every classroom at a cost of £19,000?
We are so proud of our fabulous choir, led by the equally fabulous Miss Sam Taylor - following their 1st place at the Mansfield Music Festival, the children performed at the Winners’ Concert on Sunday to great acclaim.
Fun in and out of School:
Years 4, 5 and 6 have all enjoyed residential visits this year, braving the High Ropes at PGL, climbing Mam Tor at Castleton and racing around Rand Farm. A huge thank you to their dedicated teachers and TAs who give up their evenings (and sleep!) to ensure the children can take part in these memorable experiences.
Do take time out to browse the school website and Facebook/Twitter - you can catch up with fun-filled learning throughout the school!
- Nov 19 - Y5 Visit to the National Mining Museum
- Nov 21 - Sponsored Bounce
- Nov 29 - Bake Off Competition and Coffee Morning
- Dec 6 - Y4 Family Assembly
- Dec 9 - FS/KS1 Dress Rehearsal
- Dec 10 - Panto!
- Dec 10 - FS/KS1 Performance AM
- Dec 11 - FS/KS1 Performance PM
- Dec 12 - KS2 Carols 2pm and 6pm at St Peter’s
- Dec 19 - PTA Christmas Disco
- Dec 19 - Christmas Dinner and Party
- Dec 20 - Last Day of Term!