Newsletter - 19th March 2021
Posted on 19th March 2021
We are loving our Welcome Back parties today! As I write, Y6 are enjoying sweet treats accompanied by a Wham soundtrack (Mrs Hatton has a hand in that me thinks!)
Thank you to all who have donated to Comic Relief- we have raised over £150 so far. The link is still available on the school gateway if you would like to contribute.
I’m sure your children will have shared news of their Carnival of the Animals project with you. In true Abbey Gates style we are learning through a whole school celebration of this iconic musical suite by composer Camille Saint-Saens. In particular we are listening to the recent recording and interpretation by the Kanneh-Mason family who hail from Nottingham!
We are looking forward to holding our very own carnival on the school field on 31 March to celebrate the end of the project. There will be dancing, poetry, music making, story-telling, mask wearing, art and technology exhibitions - some even in Spanish! Whilst we can’t invite you, we will be sharing photos of this joyous event!
We are so proud to share that Rachel Hallam is to be the new Head Teacher of a local school from September – Very Well Done Mrs Hallam, you will bring your flair, care and expertise to new families.
We are currently recruiting a new teacher/SENDCo who will have the opportunity for induction with Rachel before taking up their post here in the Autumn term.
We also say goodbye to Lisa, our super chef who is off to tickle taste buds elsewhere. Lisa has been a valued member of the team and we wish her well!
TAKE CARE, BE KIND
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 28 - Individual School Photographs
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 30 - PTA meeting
- Oct 7 - Year 5 Kingswood Residential
- Oct 13 - Year 6 PGL Residential
- Oct 18 - October Half Term
- Nov 1 - Back To School!
- Nov 18 - Year 6 visit to Holocaust Centre
- Nov 22 - Flu immunisations