Newsletter - 5th April 2019
Posted on 5th April 2019
WE WISH YOU WELL!
Thank you to Annie Slater who leaves us today having covered Keeley Bowell’s maternity leave so admirably. Good Luck Annie!
FOUNDATION 1 AND SEND
F1 will be taught by Keeley Bowell and Rachel Hallam over the summer term. Keeley will lead in the first half of the week and Rachel the end of the week. Rachel is also our SENCo and will have dedicated time for this role every Wednesday including meetings with parents and external agencies.
INSET DAYS 2019/2020
School will re-open for children on Monday 2 September 2019. We will attach our four INSET days to the May half term 2020 – to help with holiday planning.
Children’s final day at school before this holiday will be FRIDAY 22 MAY and they will return to school on FRIDAY 5 JUNE 2020.
REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL:
- Thank you to the Kent Family who have generously agreed to fund a defibrillator. We have been fund raising with the Village Hall in a joint venture to provide this essential kit.
- You may have noticed a “Purple Patch” (near the chicken coop)- these crocuses were planted by the School Council to support action against Polio
- Well done to Isobelle Jones who won the Gedling Borough Heritage Art competition and has her work publicly displayed! Well done also to Rossi in Y4 who was runner up in the Gedling council awards recognising the resilience of young people.
- A HUGE THANK YOU to the PTA for a fabulous Mother’s Day event and Spring Disco. Special mention to Kerry, Helen, Theyvanai, Nicola and their teams. Just a few people make things happen - you may have ideas or suggestions, don’t leave it to others, come along to meetings - WE NEED YOU!
- Without the PTA and your generous support we would not have our new chairs- the children are thrilled with them!
- The DFE have provided a one off grant to schools to improve the building and environment. We are utilising this to replace the classroom carpets- currently held in place with duct tape. This work will be completed ready for the Summer Term.
Have a fabulous Easter break - more fun to come next term!
- Jun 17 - Orchestra
- Jun 19 - Y5 Rand Farm Parents’ Meeting
- Jun 24 - No Orchestra tonight
- Jun 25 - FS/KS1 Faith Workshops
- Jun 26 - F and P Governors’ Meeting
- Jun 26 - KS2 Faith Workshops
- Jun 27 - FS/KS1 Sports Day PM
- Jun 28 - KS2 Sports Day PM
- Jun 30 - PTA Summer Fair
- Jul 1 - Orchestra
- Jul 2 - Y6 JWS Transition Day
- Jul 4 - Y5 Residential Visit to Rand Farm