Newsletter - 9th July 2021
Posted on 9th July 2021
I hope this letter finds you and your families well.
It has been another great week in school. This week the children have really enjoyed taking part in a new class transition. The sessions provided an opportunity for children to meet their new teacher ahead of September. The children really enjoyed this and responded well. This also included our Year 6s who did the school proud when they visited their new Secondary School.
Abbey Gates is not for sale! We are priceless.
You may have noticed that we have a number of “For Sale” signs around the school site – these are to celebrate the fact that Sports Day is taking place and we cannot wait to see the children take part in this event. Buckley Brown have very kindly sponsored the event. We can confirm that Abbey Gates is not for sale. We are priceless!
Next week we are hoping Sports Days will still go ahead. If you wish to attend these events, please sign up using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/PHjGPSvVCy (maximum of 2 parents per child/family). If they need to be cancelled due to poor weather we will try and rearrange them for the following week.
Monday 12th July – 9.10am – Year 5 and 6
Tuesday 13th July – 9.10am – Foundation 1 and 2
Wednesday 14th July – 9.10am – Year 3 and 4
Friday 16th July – 9.10am – Year 1 and 2
- Please can your child be dressed in an Abbey Gates PE kit when they arrive at school.
- Chairs will be set up for the audience in a socially distanced layout. This means that no more than 30 people will be grouped together and each chair will be 1 metre apart. Parents must remain in their seat/group throughout the event.
- When you have dropped your child off, please make your way straight to the seating area.
- After the event we ask that you leave the site as quickly as possible so that the children can enjoy their breaktime!
It is with sadness that we say a very fond farewell to Mrs Sam Haywood who is leaving us this summer. Sam has been appointed as the new Y3/4 teacher at Leamington Primary School. Everyone at school would like to extend a huge thanks to her for all she has done for our school during her time here and we wish her much happiness in all she does in the future.
It's Coming Home?!
We have had a lot of very excited children today who are looking forward to the match on Sunday. To celebrate the success of the team, children (and staff!) are invited to wear an England kit, accessories, face paint or red and white clothing to celebrate on Monday!
31st August 2021
1st September 2021
2nd September 2021
4th January 2022
6th June 2022
Have a great weekend!
Miss Taylor and Mr Summers
Acting Head Teachers
- Oct 18 - October Half Term
- Nov 1 - Back To School!
- Nov 5 - PTA Information Meeting
- Nov 18 - Year 6 visit to Holocaust Centre
- Nov 22 - Flu immunisations
- Dec 7 - Cinderella Pantomime
- Dec 20 - Christmas Holidays