Posted on 14th November 2018
We were very fortunate to have recieved a visit from the NSPCC who delivered two amazing assemblies on Speaking Out and Staying Safe. KS2 also took part in a workshop following on from what they learned in assembly. The assembly shared information with the children about how they can keep themselves safe from harm and get help if they have any worries.
It was a very worthwhile and empowering session for both pupils and teachers. They spoke to the children and staff about the valuable work they do across the country, and talked about how important it is for everyone in our school community to join them in their ‘fight for every childhood’.
The NSPCC’s work in schools will help encourage conversations about staying safe – and they have a number of child-friendly materials to help you carry on the conversation afterwards. That includes ‘Talk PANTS’, a simple way for parents to help keep children safe from sexual abuse.
If you’d like to know more about the NSPCC’s work, or take a look at the wide range of information and advice which is available for parents and carers, please visit their website http://www.nspcc.org.uk/parents
- Oct 21 - October Half-Term
- Nov 4 - Back to School!
- Nov 5 - Y3 Visit to Magna
- Nov 11 - Ragtex Collection
- Nov 19 - Y5 Visit to the National Mining Museum
- Nov 21 - Sponsored Bounce
- Nov 22 - Y4 Family Assembly
- Nov 29 - Bake Off Competition and Coffee Morning
- Dec 9 - FS/KS1 Dress Rehearsal
- Dec 10 - Panto!
- Dec 10 - FS/KS1 Performance AM
- Dec 11 - FS/KS1 Performance PM