June 2012 Newsletter
Posted on 26th June 2012
You will know that the Governors and myself write to parents regularly regarding parking at the school. This is an ongoing concern for a number of local schools and Abbey Gates has been working with Notts Police and the County Council to ensure the continuing safety of children.
You need to be aware that following a meeting in May with the police and LA officers it was agreed that:
• Police officers will patrol morning and afternoon as often as possible
• A parking ticket will be issued to anyone parking in a manner which is likely to cause a danger or obstruction to any other road user or pedestrian/s
• Details will be recorded and any repeat offences will result in a fixed penalty notice (FPN)
I trust that no-one will receive either a warning or an FPN but this does of course depend on your parking practices.
Our own sports days are fast approaching and in this Olympic year we hope to emulate the GB team’s talents! We will also be celebrating the Olympics in a variety of ways:
• 28th June - school councillors to attend the local torch relay
• Friday 6th July - Abbey Gates’ alternative Olympics - details to follow
• 10th July - local torch bearer, Graham Astle, to visit school with his torch!
• Week beg 9th July - our dinner team will be serving an Olympic themed menu based on countries taking part! If your child would like a school dinner during this week please ensure you let school know by Friday 29th June
I am thrilled to report that our Y6 boys’ team have reached the final of the George Abbott Shield! Look out for their match report on our super new website - will England be as successful in Euro 2012?
to the annual PTA Summer Fair - always a great family event. Do support us by helping out/donating items/buying raffle tickets and of course coming along on Sunday 1st July!