Newsletter - 22nd May 2016
Posted on 22nd July 2016
Another OUTSTANDING year here at Abbey Gates! Thank you for being a part of it and we hope you have enjoyed it as much as we and the children have!
I do hope you keep up with the “wonderful everyday” by looking at the school’s website and Facebook pages - it is certainly a great way for me to keep up to date when I am out at another school.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thank you to the truly fabulous staff team here at the school who create the very best learning environment for your children in whatever capacity they work. We have had six new team members join us over the year and all have fitted in seamlessly!
Some temporary changes for you to note especially if you will have a Y1 or Y6 child in September:
- Mrs Kaye McGuire will be recovering from an operation over the school holidays so will make a phased return during the Autumn term – we send our warmest love and wish her all the best for a really speedy recovery. (It will be too quiet without her!)
- Mr Paul Summers will become Acting Deputy Head from September to support Kaye in her role as Head of School until she is back at full strength!
- Miss Allison Long will be in Y6 full time for the first two weeks covering Mr Summers’ paternity leave
- Mrs Pam Whalley will be in Y1 full time for the first two weeks (see above for the reason!)
Well done to our Summer Term Superstars-Isabella Whilde, Siena Christian, Visar Nezirai, Ella Beck, Ryan Leonardi-Bee, Anna Thornton and Alice Jones. Well done also to Sam Egar- our young musician of the year.
Garry Allen, our site manager, celebrates 30 years at the school this month and he was presented with his very own superstar award by Mansfield Town player, Jack Thomas – Thank you Garry!
Thank you also for your parental support for the school, which you show in so many ways.
We are looking forward to meeting “Baby Summers” and say “Bon Voyage” to our wonderful Y6 children as they head for their next adventure!
Don’t forget children return to school on Wednesday 7 September and our new school finish time is 3.25pm.
Have a super summer!
- Jun 17 - Orchestra
- Jun 19 - Y5 Rand Farm Parents’ Meeting
- Jun 24 - No Orchestra tonight
- Jun 25 - FS/KS1 Faith Workshops
- Jun 26 - F and P Governors’ Meeting
- Jun 26 - KS2 Faith Workshops
- Jun 27 - FS/KS1 Sports Day PM
- Jun 28 - KS2 Sports Day PM
- Jun 30 - PTA Summer Fair
- Jul 1 - Orchestra
- Jul 2 - Y6 JWS Transition Day
- Jul 4 - Y5 Residential Visit to Rand Farm