Remote Learning Update
Posted on 14th January 2021
Oh my! We are thinking of and miss you all… those many who, like us, are key workers and all of you, key workers or not, who, like some of us, are “key parents”, home-schooling whilst also in many cases juggling working from home too whilst educating one, two, three children and sometimes with a baby/toddler too. Some of you and us are shielding or caring for those who are, some are coping with numerous other pressures and anxieties.
Please don’t feel alone – get in touch if you need to.
Your messages of kindness and support are warmly received and do make a difference and so we reciprocate – Abbey Gates is built on this mutual respect and understanding. Care and Compassion are key to our 5 Cs.
We want to ensure our provision is high quality and purposeful and we have taken note of research from the well-respected Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and OFSTED in our planning for this. After a week of remote learning and calls to individual families and children we have listened to you and each other and are pleased to share some revisions with you. Further details will follow but this is a “heads up”.
· Teachers will be providing a “live” lesson in Relationships and Health education every week. Emotional and physical health are the cornerstones of learning and well-being. Each lesson will last around 30 minutes and be recorded too so you can access it at a convenient time if necessary
· Speaking of physical health – our resident PE experts (Miss Nash and Miss Orchard) are filming a fitness class which all can join in with and “Martin’s Movers” is back too - Adam Martin will provide a weekly “club”- look for further details. (all activities suitable for adults too- just saying!)
· Each class will have access to a “resource area” with further activities and challenges to support learning. Please know that these are optional
· Teachers will be responding each morning (through One Note and Tapestry), to work sent in from home – we will use our “usual” feedback methods so children will know what they have done well and how to progress their learning
· Our weekly contact with families will be via a phone call from next week and teachers will let you know of any revised times
Please look out for our guidance regarding online safety and if you have any concerns again, get in touch.
I will be sharing details of the PTA Balloon race in tomorrow’s assembly- the Abbey Gates’ winning balloon travelled a loooong way! Thank you to everyone who took part and hopefully soon you will all be travelling to school (not so far but what a destination!)
TAKE CARE ALL
Kate Cumberpatch and the Abbey Gates Team
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 27 - F2 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 28 - Individual School Photographs
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 4.15pm - 4.45pm
- Sep 30 - F1 Parent Information Event 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- Sep 30 - PTA meeting
- Oct 7 - Year 5 Kingswood Residential
- Oct 13 - Year 6 PGL Residential
- Oct 18 - October Half Term
- Nov 1 - Back To School!
- Nov 18 - Year 6 visit to Holocaust Centre
- Nov 22 - Flu immunisations